Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. You can read full disclosure policy here.
This recipe comes from my Grandma Boots. She has been making this over the years for birthday gatherings, and it is always everyone’s favorite. I made it and brought it to a potluck and it was an instant hit. I love how easy it is, but also delicious.
- 1 package Devil’s Food cake mix
- Ingredients to make Devils Food cake (according to package directions)
- Cherry pie filling – (enough to cover cake)
- Almond extract – 1 teaspoon
- (Optional) Coco whip, cool whip, or whipped cream
- Make the cake according to package directions in a 9×11 inch pan.
- When cake is done and cooling, poke holes all over the top with a fork.
- Mix cherry pie filling with almond extract. Pour over top of cake.
- Refrigerate several hours. (Tastes best after it is cold and has time to set).
- (Optional) Serve with whipped topping of your choice.