Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. You can read full disclosure policy here.
Grilled Cheese Pizza Sandwich
- 2 pieces sourdough bread
- 2 TBSP pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese approximate amount – add more or less cheese to cover the bread
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese approximate amount – add more or less cheese to cover the bread
- 1 TBSP butter or spreadable butter
- Butter the outside of your bread.
- Place medium size pan on the stove and turn burner to low heat. Place one piece of bread in pan (butter size down).
- Layer the following ingredients in order on the bread. Pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese. Optionally add other favorite pizza toppings/fillings (such as sliced tomato, basil, ham, pineapple).
- Place other piece of bread on top (butter side up).
- Heat sandwich on low-medium heat for 3 minutes, then flip to other side with a spatula.
- Continue browning the sandwich/cooking until each side is your desired color.
What are some of your favorite fall comfort foods? Let me know in the comments!