Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. You can read full disclosure policy here.
Grilled Cheese Pizza Sandwich
This take on a classic grilled cheese is super yummy and easy to make. My son asks for this for lunch almost daily. Feel free to add extra "pizza toppings" to the inside of your sandwich – ham, sliced tomato, the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
- 2 pieces sourdough bread
- 2 TBSP pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese approximate amount – add more or less cheese to cover the bread
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese approximate amount – add more or less cheese to cover the bread
- 1 TBSP butter or spreadable butter
- Butter the outside of your bread.
- Place medium size pan on the stove and turn burner to low heat. Place one piece of bread in pan (butter size down).
- Layer the following ingredients in order on the bread. Pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese. Optionally add other favorite pizza toppings/fillings (such as sliced tomato, basil, ham, pineapple).
- Place other piece of bread on top (butter side up).
- Heat sandwich on low-medium heat for 3 minutes, then flip to other side with a spatula.
- Continue browning the sandwich/cooking until each side is your desired color.
What are some of your favorite fall comfort foods? Let me know in the comments!
AnonymousOctober 6, 2020 at 6:07 pm
Yumm!! I have never thought about doing this before. Kate is going to love this.
ramahOctober 6, 2020 at 6:22 pm
It’s so simple but yummy. Let me know how Kate likes it!!
Hillary RockwellOctober 11, 2020 at 4:13 pm
Ooh – this looks great! Another tip I learned for grilled cheese is to use mayo instead of butter on the outside of the bread. It makes the bread extra crispy, crunchy and a bit tangy which compliments the sourdough. Yummy!
ramahOctober 12, 2020 at 8:44 am
Good tip! I will have to try that out. Yummy!