Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. You can read full disclosure policy here.
Do you ever feel like no matter what you do, you just can’t get everything in your life under control? Maybe you finally have your credit cards under control, but then you find yourself reaching for midnight snacks while binge-watching Gilmore Girls. (Who is Rory going to end up with??) Or you are eating really well and exercising, but you are stressed out with work and your relationships are falling apart.
Our lives are made up of so many intricate parts. To feel balanced in life means being satisfied or happy in all different areas. I have created this balanced life assessment tool based on my training as a health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. This tool lets you see at a glance how satisfied you are in different areas of your life and where you would like to make a change.
Balanced Life Assessment Tool
How to Use the Balanced Life Assessment Tool
- Review the 6 main categories. You can read more about the categories in this post – Balanced Life Categories.
- Think about how satisfied you are in each area.
- Rate yourself on a scale from 1 – 10.
- 1 = Not Satisfied 10 = Very Satisfied
- Use the first number that pops into your head, not the number you are striving for.
- When you are done giving each category a score, look at your overall balanced life sheet.
- Which areas stand out?
- What areas do you want to work on?
- Choose two goals that you want to implement for 30 days. (If you make a list of 10 goals, it will be overwhelming and you are less likely to achieve any of them). Start small and pick two goals.
- After 30 days, check in with yourself.
- How did it go? How are you feeling?
- Take the Balanced Life Assessment Tool again. Did your scores improve?
- Choose 2 new goals to work on.
I hope you find this balanced life assessment tool useful. By recognizing areas of your life that you are not satisfied with, or that are out-of-balance, you can be on your way to having a more healthy and happy life. Please let me know in the comments if you found this helpful. What are some goals or plans you are going to take to improve your life balance? You can also connect with me via my feedback form.