Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. You can read full disclosure policy here.
I have tried a lot of different chocolate chip cookie recipes. Usually they end up a little flat and too crunchy. I stumbled across the recipe on the back of the Godiva chocolate chip cookie bag. I didn’t follow the steps exactly (I pretty much just threw all the ingredients in my stand mixer and called it good). I also used half milk chocolate chips and half semi-sweet chips. (I highly recommend this – so good!)
These cookies turned out amazing! My husband said they are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. My kids could barely wait to try them and agree they are the best cookies ever. They are delicious and rich and were really easy to make.
Best Ever Godiva Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stand Mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- 2 cups flour all-purpose white
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks), melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (turbinado sugar)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 yolk egg
- 1 cup godiva milk chocolate chips about 1/2 bag
- 1 cup godiva semi-sweet chocolate chips about 1/2 bag
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. ( 350 degrees F for convection oven).
- Melt butter in microwave. Add ingredients in order to stand mixer (except for chocolate chips).
- Mix in stand mixer on low until mixed. Add chocolate chips and mix on low.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes. (Return dough to refrigerator between baking batches of cookies to keep it cold).
- Place cookie dough, 2 TBSP. at a time and 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until the edge of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.