Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. You can read full disclosure policy here.
As part of our house remodel, we decided to make some updates to the kitchen. There were definitely some positives – lots of light! Good space! But we wanted to update the lighting, make the island bigger, and give the cabinets and back splash an update.
Steps We Took In Our Kitchen Remodel
- Brand new cabinets vs. paint the existing cabinets. After pricing out new cabinets at our local home improvement stores, we got a bid from a local cabinet shop to give us new cabinet doors and drawers. It came in at about half the price as brand new cabinets. Since we were fine with the existing layout, we decided to go that route. Our painter worked with the local cabinet shop to make sure the painted bases would match the new doors and drawers.
- Choose new paint. We decided on Revere Pewter and White Dove for the Cabinets and Trim.
- New lighting fixtures. We looked around at local home improvement stores and found the lighting we wanted at Lowes and Cost Plus World Market.
- New counter tops. We decided on a white Quartz counter top because it is very durable, cleans really well, and brightens the entire space. We were also able to make our island feel much bigger just by having the new Quartz counter top. Our counter top is Misterio Polished Quartz by Pental.
- New Tile back splash. I love subway tile, but wanted to try something a little different. We found a Carrara marble gray and white tile that is perfect for the kitchen back splash.
Kitchen Remodel Under Construction
The End Result
We love how our kitchen turned out. The kitchen is the heart of the home and we love this beautiful space to hang out, cook, eat, and play games. My favorite thing to do in the kitchen is make a cup of coffee and sit at that beautiful table.
Shop This Room
Master Bedroom Makeover
We recently bought a house and remodeled it. The master bedroom was large with…April 30, 2020
Dining Room Makeover
As part of our house remodel, we decided to make some updates to the…March 19, 2020
We Bought a House! Updating Our 2003 Craftsman
We bought a house that was built in 2003. We really liked the neighborhood,…March 12, 2020
KristynJuly 6, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Wow! I didn’t realize you guys painted those cabinets. You did such a nice job I figured they were always white! Your kitchen does get so much light!
ramahJuly 6, 2020 at 3:34 pm
Thank you! We are really happy with how they turned out!